These unlucky survivors defied death only to get caught by the Grim Reaper the second time around.
1. Chinese student Ye Meng Yuan survived the crash-landing of Asiana Flight 214 only to be killed accidentally on the runway by a fire truck racing to the wrecked plane.
2. In June, 2012 sportscaster Jessica Redfield was at the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto when she experienced a weird feeling. As she later wrote on her blog, “I can’t get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away … It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.” Redfield left the mall before a gunman opened fire on the food court she’d just been in. A month later, she was one of the 12 people who were killed at the Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater.
3. Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov was wrongly declared dead, but when she awoke at her own funeral she was so scared she had a heart attack and died.
4. Hilda Yolanda Mayol survived the 9/11 attacks, two months later she died when the American Airlines flight she was on (587) crashed in New York.
5. Jamaican politician Marcus Garvey read a mistaken obituary for himself that said he “died broke, alone and unpopular.” Eventually, he suffered two stroke attacks then died.
6. In 1977, the University of Evansville men’s basketball team’s plane crashed while taking off, killing the entire team save for one team member who was not on board. However, he was killed by a drunk driver a few weeks later in an unrelated incident.
7. Daredevil Bobby Leach survived tons of near death experiences, including going over Niagara Falls in a barrel. Death caught up to him in 1911 when he stepped on an orange peel, slipped and “broke his leg so badly it had to be amputated. He died due to complications from the surgery.”
8. Frane Selak, cheated death 7 times and won £600,000 in the lottery. Maybe he’s the one that’s solved it?