A broken bone is no fun at all. Yeah, you can say that again! There’s the pain of the initial injury, followed by the pricey surgery then comes the long healing process under an itchy cast. In an attempt to make the best out of a bad situation, some people decided to put on a little fun with their casts.
If there’s one good thing about a cast (besides the fact that it helps your bones immobile), it’s that it’s pretty much of a BLANK CANVAS.
Just like that!
However, you can do almost anything you want with your cast. Don’t worry about it’s unhygienic side, for some hospitals will offer decorative options for casts (especially for kids), and some people prefer to do it themselves.
These people deserves some applause for seeing the bright side!
1. Try channeling your cast into your favorite superhero, for you to feel more POWERFUL than you were before.
2. If you want it to have a RUSTIC/PUNKY image, then try this! The “IronMan-ish” Cast!
3. Be an action figure or support a nation like Captain America!
4. Even animals are getting into this, just look how cute colorful this puppy’s arm cast that also comes with a cone of shame.
5. Poor little bunny’s injured…nonetheless, with his adorable carrot-print cast, he’s as good as normal!
6. It’s MORPHINE TIME with this mighty one!
7. Awww. In the love of art! This one certainly gives an artsy twist!
8. I’m an avid fan of Michael Angelo!
9. In case anyone wonders what’s happening under the cast, this one provides a handy illustration.
If you have a cast and you’re thinking gauze- or bandage-white doesn’t go with your personality. Then it’s your time to shine! Go grab some markers, (non-toxic) paints, or even some stickers and go show it off with your friends. If this is for a pet or for a small child, make sure that none of the materials are potentially harmful.
So, here’s to a speedy recovery!