Man’s Attempt Of Taking Selfie With A Rattlesnake Had Gone All Wrong

Sssssselfies with sssssnakes? Are you kidding me?

Man's Attempt Of Taking Selfie With A Rattlesnake Had Gone All WrongA man from San Diego was bitten by a rattlesnake while trying to take a selfie. Todd Fassler nearly died after trying to take with the rattlesnake he caught in a bush in Southern California. It should not come as a huge surprise that the snake didn’t like the treatment and bit the man.

As Todd yanked the deadly crawler from the bush  and as he was composing the perfect shot, it unsurprisingly bit him. Todd’s entire arm went purple.

Man's Attempt Of Taking Selfie With A Rattlesnake Had Gone All WrongIn their efforts to treat his horrible wound on his arm, doctors exhausted the anti-venom stock at two separate Southern California hospitals. And because of that, the combined hospital bill for Fassler’s treatment amounted to a grand total of $153,161.25. Evidently, anti-venom does not come cheap, which is $83,341.25 of the total covering pharmacy costs.

Man's Attempt Of Taking Selfie With A Rattlesnake Had Gone All WrongAccording to The Centers for Disease Control, up to 8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. every year and five or six of them die. Anti-venom costs more than $2,000 per vial in the U.S. and a single dose can be four to six vials, though administering more of it is not uncommon in cases of severe bites.

After the incident, Fassler has released a video claiming to show him setting his pet rattlesnake free because “he thinks animal services would appreciate it”.

x
Please "like" us: